Managing a Remodel From Afar


Due to circumstances beyond my control, I've been out of town since last Thursday and not returning until tomorrow. Hence, the lack of posts. While I had to shelve the blog, the remodel project went full steam ahead without my "eye."
So how to manage two bathroom facelifts from afar? Have Ryan the Contractor send photos from his iphone!
The new subway tile in the tub surround looks pretty good!

I went over all the details with Kevin the Tile Installer before I left, so there would be no surprises when I returned.
Like how far up to run the tile, the trim and how the floor should be laid out.

A close up of the tile edge. The floor has been floated out with cement.

The walls in this bathroom are being paneled with tongue and groove paneling. It's off to a good start.
This is where the vanity will go, which has arrived from Pottery Barn already!

Downstairs, the bathroom has tongue and groove wainscoting, replacing the tile wainscoting.
The subway tile in the shower will begin today.
I can hardly wait to see the progress in person!

Meanwhile, the countertops are fabricated and waiting for my return.
I made a dramatic change from the original vision, so stay tuned for the final reveal!


No comments:

Post a Comment