Time To Lighten Up


My dining room is stressing me out, and has been for quite a while! I'm longing for a cleaner, simpler look. Time to de-clutter and edit.
When Bonnie Broten was here, she thought the same thing. We talked about removing the curtains and leaving just the bamboo shades. I thought I heard her mumble the word "dated." Gasp!
So, as much as I love this brown floral fabric, I think it has to be retired.

I'm not sure if it's because there is too much of it, or if it is just "over."
I realize that it's weighing me down!

The brown screen in the corner is also weighing me down, even though I love it still.

Then there is the chandelier.
Yes, it's pretty. But, I am envisioning something lighter, airier, less feminine.

I decided to remove the slipcovers off the parsons chair to reveal the poor chair in her underwear and get a feel for the room without flowers. Not pretty! New linen slipcovers would be gorgeous!

Down came the floral drapes. The French chairs look great on the ends of the table.
Now the grandfather clock looks ridiculous where it is!
Perhaps it would look better in the corner or even the living room.

Speaking of the living room, it also is weighing me down. But, we won't go there!
Aha! Maybe the living room drapes would look good in the dining room....

I'm still loving my wallpaper.
This is definitely a lighter look, but the drapes really are better in the living room. Now, I've created a huge mess!

On our way back from Asti, Bonnie and I stopped in at Restoration Hardware's flagship store where we got samples of linen drapery fabrics.

We both thought this Belgian linen would be nice in the dining room.

RH has just introduced this loose weave unlined burlap, which is on sale. I'll admit, I was intrigued. Perhaps it could go in the living room, freeing up the living room floral to go in the dining room.
Is your head spinning yet?
Do you see why my dining room is stressing me out?

Thank you for the therapy session. I ended up putting everything back, and will probably talk about making changes for another year! After all, I'm my own worst client!

You have to admit, it does look good for fall and winter coming up...

I'm joining Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment