Books, Books and More Books


"I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building more bookshelves." ~Anna Quindlen

Ruthie Sommers
I'm not sure if my children grew up thinking about decorating that way. But they certainly grew up to be readers and collectors of books.

Celerie Kemble - Lonny
Which is both good and bad. Good because they love books, bad because books need a place to live. We have boxes of books in the garage, brought home from college, waiting for their permanent home so they can put them on their own bookshelves--someday.

Bunny Williams
Don't get me wrong, I love having bookshelves full of books. Classics and paperbacks, I'm not concerned how they look so much as that they are there. It's comforting.

Celerie Kemble - Lonny
But lately, I'm feeling like books are taking over my house!
It's also my fault. I am guilty of buying even more books.

That's because I've been finding great deals for "coffee table" books at One Kings Lane, Joss & Main and The Foundary.
Just yesterday, I received the Charlotte Moss, Suzanne Rheinstein and Chris Madden books.

Here are three new books by Michèle Lalande. Talk about eye candy!
Recommended by Bonnie Broten when she was here, I immediately went on Amazon to purchase them.

I just love the way books look stacked on the coffee tables and trunks.

I guess you could say I have a collection going!
I recently purchased Patina by the Giannetti's, and I love it! I also have Fifi O'neil's book, Romantic Prairie Style and Vicki Archer's, My French Life. I have to support my fellow bloggers--right?

So I should be perusing through my latest design books with a cup of coffee this morning, instead of blogging about them.

I'm wondering if there is a 12 step program for book-aholics....

No comments:

Post a Comment