A Succulent Tablescape


Last week, Tourshi Catering had another gig at the Bluxome Street Winery and I was asked, once again, to come up with an interesting tablescape.

This is a working winery, so all the tables, chairs and tablecloths were rented. The rest, I brought in, including charger plates, candles, linens and centerpiece.

I have to admit, I'm running out of ideas! How do you entertain 15 gentlemen, creating a tablescape that is attractive and masculine?

I spied my succulent planter outside and decided that would be the centerpiece. Remembering that I found the faux rock planter at Joann's Fabrics, I went there hoping to find more. Sure enough, there were plenty in all sizes at 60% off. Score!

The rental company didn't deliver enough tables or the right sized tablecloths, so I improvised with this black and white stripe yardage that was on hand. It covers all the seams and brings the three tables together.

I arranged the larger plants in the middle and smaller ones on each side. Distressed candlesticks and votives complete the table centerpiece. Masculine? I think so...

Check back tomorrow for "le menu!"

I'm joining Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday.
I'm also joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment