Tuesday Inspiration: Turquoise


I typically wear a lot of turquoise, mostly in the warmer months, but lately all the time. I have a few pieces that I love, like the necklace above that is similar to the one I bought at Roundtop last year. In fact, my favorite "uniform" is a white blouse or t-shirt, jeans and a turquoise necklace. Oh, and boots!

So, you can imagine my delight when I found this turquoise chandelier a few weeks ago in a design store in the City. It is made of actual turquoise stones! No, I didn't buy it! But I did fall in love with it and it inspired me to make "turquoise" my Tuesday Inspiration for today.

Currently, there is no turquoise in my decor. Perhaps, starting with a few pottery pieces like the pitcher above would be a way to introduce this beautiful color in my home. I love how it compliments the vibrant pink roses and rustic gold cup and saucer.
A turquoise still life!

Country Living
Adding turquoise Bauer to my collection which is mostly green and yellow right now will be another way to incorporate this fun and happy color.

Country Living
And there is always the garden too for introducing a new color.

DecorPad
In reading about the color turquoise, I discovered that it is said to absorb negative energy. It must be true, because this gorgeous room designed by David Jimenez is a feast for the eyes and makes me feel happy just looking at it!

That's because in color psychology, the color turquoise supposedly creates emotional balance.
The color is also said to recharge our spirits in times of stress and if you stare at the color, it will calm and gently invigorate you. That must be why this tablescape is both calming and stimulating with the turquoise goblets and flatware.

House Beautiful
The same way with this bedroom. Both calming and invigorating! It's that "punch" of color this room needed!

House Beautiful
Too much turquoise can give you an overactive mind and create emotional unbalance.
I don't know if any of this is true, but this just might be a little too much for my state of mind!
However, it is beautiful and definitely inspirational.

Campagne Decoration
I prefer a softer side of turquoise when a whole room is enveloped in it.

DecorPad
It's also unexpected, dramatic and classic. Isn't this dining room fabulous with the turquoise chandelier? The only color in this classic monochromatic room.
It reminds me of how I feel when I add that multi-strand turquoise necklace to my outfit. How unexpected!
This room could have had a crystal chandelier...
and I could be wearing pearls instead!

For more turquoise inspiration, visit House of Turquoise, a blog dedicated to the color. Erin, who is obsessed with the color turquoise also has an online store selling, you guessed it, turquoise things called Everything Turquoise.

I have a feeling turquoise is going to expand from a few pieces of jewelry in my life to something bigger. Hmmmm, maybe there is a place for that chandelier afterall!

No comments:

Post a Comment