A Big Impact With Science Charts

It's been fun decorating the wine country rental and although it is 95% done, there are a few things that I'm working on.
Mainly, that big blank wall straight ahead!
I originally wanted to put an antique glass fronted hutch there and fill it with natural curiosities like bird's nests, rocks, fossils, etc., but I waited too long and the piece that I was romancing sold.

Then I got the idea to hang German science charts.
I found a great source online and ordered this sunflower chart...

...and this grape chart.

They not only fill up that big blank wall, they also give visual weight to the room and add to the "wine country meets natural/industrial" vibe that I'm going for.

Walking into the cottage, you see one big living and dining room.  I just love how the charts anchor the room and create a place for the eye to land.

Science charts were used in the 50's and 60's in the classroom.  The really good ones are German, but there are some fabulous French ones too.
 I found my charts at Empirical Style, a fabulous online store featuring maps, botanical and science charts, as well as Thomas Edison light bulbs and vintage lighting.
Be sure to check them out!

I'll be joining Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment